DCS will take the time to fully understand your business, your goals, and any challenges affecting business performance.
Education & Inspiration
To help your business reach its full potential, our partnership with you includes keeping you up-to-date on new software, hardware and advances in IT.
‘The Big Picture’… We’ll think ahead about your projected needs, and aim to provide an IT service or system which aligns with your long-term plans and business objectives.
PROACTIVE SUPPORT SERVICES
Monitoring & Support
Rather than waiting for a problem arise, DCS offer proactive monitoring and support services. We try to detect potential IT issues and prevent them affecting your business!
We can also monitor your IT system to ensure there are no surprises such as ample disk space, backups, user information and more.
DCS offer Service Agreements to provide our clients with IT support options.These can include regular onsite support as well as remote assistance, response time targets, monthly fixed costs and various other options. DCS prides themselves on being flexible to your business and its needs.
BACKUP, RECOVERY & CONTINUITY
AVOID POTENTIAL MAJOR DATA LOSS, WITH REGULAR BACKUPS
DCS can provide you with options to not only backup your data but ensure it is recoverable! We’ll also help you understand which backup method is best for your business:
- Onsite – staff member changes drives and takes the drive home.
- Onsite by DCS – DCS manage the onsite backup changes and store the drives; we’ll also check backups are working.
- Cloud/online backup – over the internet, DCS backs up data to our secure, off-site server.
What’s your plan if something fails? DCS can provide advice to ensure you’re fully protected. DCS can assist with the development of an IT continuity plan and ensure your plan is robust, tested and proven to work.
DCS can test backups regularly ensuring data can be read, fix issues and document the recovery process to minimise downtime when it comes time to do a recovery.
Secure backups from your site to our offsite Backup Storage Server, relieve you of stress and worry. DCS cloud backup is a monitored backup service that can backup key files or entire machines to a server located in our Mid Canterbury based Data Centre.
Microsoft 365 for Exchange Email and office productivity software creates ‘smart syncing’ between laptops, desktop PCs, Macs and mobile devices… with regular access to new versions of Office when released.
STORAGE AND ACCESS TO DATA AND PROGRAMS
DCS offer hosted servers that are remote to your site and include a range of Microsoft platforms including File Services, SQL Servers, Terminal Servers and more. These systems are accessible globally so are ideal for employees with the need to work offsite. Free up cash for your business, only pay for what you use and leave the management & support to the experts.
DCS CLOUD-BASED OPTIONS ALSO INCLUDE:
- Cloud backup and recovery
- Hosted email (Microsoft 365 or standard POP)
- Microsoft 365 for Business productivity software
- Hosted servers
- Hosted desktop sessions
- Hosted data storage
HARDWARE, SOFTWARE & ACCESSORIES
DCS will select or build to your specific work environment and objectives. You’ll be using up-to-date technology, including:
- Laptops, PCs, tablets & monitors
- Servers, networking equipment & devices
- Components & wireless equipment
- Accessories, e.g. keyboards, mice
All technology is both Windows and Apple compatible. DCS is not aligned to any specific brands and won’t supply makes & models with history of failure. We choose IT solutions based on performance, pricing, what you have in place/prefer, and most importantly, the quality of support from the brands.
NETWORK PLANNING & DESIGN
Your Network needs to be designed to allow for growth. Before fit-out, DCS can help design your Network, install, document, configure and commission it. This includes:
- Cabling – Locations of outlets and the type of cable.
- Internet Connections – Broadband/Satellite/High Speed Fibre Optic, plan capacity for internet and features required such as remote access or threat management.
- WAN – Private Wide Area Networks joining multiple offices across your local town or districts.
- WiFi connections. What devices are being used? Do you require a guest network? Do you want usage monitoring on it?
- Hosting – Will your data and key systems be onsite or offsite?
- Security – What sort of network security is required? Is any Threat Management required? How about realtime antivirus or malware scanning on the internet connection? Will you require separate networks for guests & employee devices?
- Communication systems – e.g. Switches, Internet Phones, Video Conferencing. Will the network handle the demand?
DCS can also recommend and liaise with trusted providers for other infrastructure should we not be able to provide your full requirements.
COMMUNCATIONS & VOIP
VOICE & VIDEO
- Skype for business
- Video conferencing
- Voice over IP telephone systems.
LOW LINE & CALL COSTS
DCS can help you understand the benefits and cost implications or savings for a VoIP system that is scalable from one phone to any number you require. Additional extensions are easily added in the same building or at remote sites, making VoIP very flexible and powerful.
PHONE LINES & FEATURES CAN BE EASILY ADDED WITHOUT INSTALLING HARDWARE IN YOUR EXISTING SYSTEM, E.G:
- Caller ID
- Emailing voicemail to email
- Detailed, real-time call records
- Call recording
Fully Cloud hosted PBX or Hybrid Cloud/onsite systems are available depending on your requirements.
FARM WIDE INTERNET ACCESS AND SPECIALIST PC HARDWARE SUPPLIER
FARM WIDE INTERNET ACCESS
DCS can help your farm leverage the benefits of the internet and help reduce ongoing costs. We do this by making the existing or new internet connection available to other buildings on your farm – just like it is one big house!
This is beneficical when a property or building may not have access to anything suitable from an existing mainstream Internet Service Provider, or where you want more control over how much is being used by staff on the farm.
We have options on sharing, controlling and reducing your ongoing costs while getting the most out of the connection.
Some common uses and benefits for a farmwide network include:
- Sharing a single internet connection
- Remote access to dairy shed
- Supplying staff internet access
- Limiting internet access by time of day
- Limiting internet by volume used
- Reducing cost by eliminating expensive mobile or satellite connections
- Connecting building to building
- Connecting building to multiple buildings
- Internet access to mobile devices on farm
- Security camera connections.
Specialist PC Hardware
DCS can also provide industrial or more specialised PCs for use in the farm environment. These generally have no moving parts or fans to drag in dust or other items from a harsh environment. With a wide range of machines to choose from, any combination of requirements can be fulfilled. Commonly used to run dairy shed or industrial control systems, these are designed to your exact requirements.
We can also assist in replacing your aging computer and migrate your existing configuration and software over to a new machine.
DCS CAN IDENTIFY POTENTIAL RISKS AND HELP MITIGATE THESE FOR YOUR BUSINESS:
- Protecting your Network/s
- Machines and Server/s
- Help with staff education on security
- Assist with defining acceptable usage policies
DCS can also provide market leading security platforms for your machines including antivirus protection suites, as well as Universal Threat Management systems for your network and internet connection.
DCS can provide regular onsite support for a set amount of time per week or month with Regular Preventative Maintenance or general support visits. We become your onsite IT provider and are the first point of contact for all IT requests from everyone within the organisation.
Support Agreements are tailored to suit. They can include a fixed price per month based on the number of devices or users regardless of what day-to-day tasks or support needs to be done. This gives you the protection from ballooning costs while having expert IT support on hand anytime.
FASTER RESPONSE TIME
If you have a Support Agreement and issues arise, DCS provides higher-priority support. We’ll ensure we have staff available to meet the demand based on the priority of the call.
CUSTOM SPARES POOL
For our Support Agreement clients, we also have optional parts holding where you have access to loan equipment in the event yours fails. This helps recover your systems sooner, keeping everyone more productive.